Do you or your customer transport goods from and to the United Kingdom? Then customs formalities will be in effect as of the 1st of January 2021. You must pre-notify your customs documents by means of our services Notification Import Documentation and/or Notification Export Documentation. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the message specifications.
Only these versions are suitable for submitting pre-notifications at ferry terminals.
Step 1) Sign up:
• Contact the Portbase Sales department
• You will be linked to a colleague from Integration Services
Step 2) Develop:
• Download the latest version of the specifications (Notification Import Documentation and/or Notification Export Documentation)
• Develop and test the messages together with our Integration Services colleague
Step 3) Go live!
• For Notification Import Documentation: Let our Service Desk know when you or your customers will switch to the new message scenario. We will individually migrate each end customer.
• For Notification Export Documentation, there is no need to explicitly state when you will start submitting notifications for ferry shipments according to the new message scenario.
Start with this today and ensure that your cargo from and to the United Kingdom will swiftly pass through the Dutch ports in 2021 as well.
You can read about the differences between the old and the new specifications here.
Other questions? Please contact us:
Peter Vink and Thom de Bruin
+31 (0)88 625 25 34